If you're thinking about getting married, congratulations! Getting engaged is a big step, and preparing for marriage ahead of time is the second most important decision you will make in your life (after giving your life to Jesus!).
There are practical, personal, and most importantly, spiritual ingredients to think through and pray over. Below, you'll find a list of factors to consider. This pre-marital discipleship program has been developed to help you remove the "risk" element from your future marriage.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out.
Please email us at email@example.com.
1. Marriage is between one genetic man and one genetic woman (Genesis 2:24)
2. Are you both believers? (2 Corinthians 6:14)
3. Are you both growing steadily in your personal relationship with Jesus Christ?
4. Are you currently living together in the same house before marriage and if so, are you willing to move out until after you're married? (1 Thess. 5:2)
5. Are you abstaining and will you abstain from sexual intimacy and fornication before marriage? (1 Thess. 4:3-8)
6. Do you both agree to complete the pre-marital discipleship before your
wedding? (Luke 14:25-33)
7. Are you ready to postpone the wedding if there are issues that have not been resolved yet?
If you're interested in having Pastor Louie go through pre-marital discipleship with you and/or marry you, please consider the pre-requisites:
- You have both received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
- You personally know Pastor Louie and/or currently fellowship here at Denver Calvary.
- You're willing to purchase the materials and you're both committed to completing the homework and finishing the program within 4-6 months or more.
You can access pre-martial materials here.
"We would strongly recommend the pre-marital counseling sessions. All of our sessions with Pastor Louie were a blast, and we received a lot of great information about the purpose of marriage, its spiritual significance, and how a couple can work together to build a strong and healthy relationship. Louie was very relatable and personable, and had a ton of great insight on how to avoid or address certain issues that can come up in any marriage. He also brought a certain levity to the discussion, which helped to lighten the mood and put everyone at ease. We would definitely recommend pre-marital counseling for any couple that is committed to building a strong, God-honoring, stable marriage." -Sam and Tanaya Randles