JULY 1st UPDATE:
We are blessed to announce we have found a new location for us at Denver Calvary to gather. Starting Saturday Night July 4th at 6:00pm to join us for our Live In Person church service. We will also Live stream on every Saturday night if you are unable to attend. We will Re-Air our Saturday Night Service on Sundays at 9:30am, 11:30am, and 6:00pm Facebook.com & on Youtube.com.
- If you are in a high risk category, please continue to attend online.
- If you are sick at all, (fever, cough, etc.) please continue to attend online until you are symptom free for at least 14 days.
- If you have been exposed to someone who has or is being tested for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please continue to watch from home.
In order to comply with state and CDC mandates:
- Seats will be arranged so that social distancing can occur.
- Please sit together with all members in your family, but leaving at least 3 seats between your family and others.
- Please do not move the chairs. Let a staff member know if you can't find a place to accommodate your family. We can make adjustments for you.
- Please bring your own mask, we will have some masks available if you do not have one.
- Denver Calvary is a very friendly & loving church fellowship. Because of that we ask to restrain for hugging & hand shaking. I know this is difficult for many but It's for the sake of others we show restrain.
MAY 21ST UPDATE:
It is our desire to get back to meeting in-person for church as soon as we are able and as soon as it is deemed safe. We are currently working on a few different phases and plans to re-open and offer an in-person service for those that want to gather. Masks and social distancing, per the Denver guidelines, will be followed.
For those considered high-risk or those that are not yet ready for in-person gatherings, we will still continue to offer distance options through zoom and the internet, as we want to support your decision to stay "safer at home".
For further info on COVID19, please check out info from the CDC
MARCH 23RD UPDATE:
Join us weekly for our Live Sunday & Wednesday night services along with all our smaller groups. More groups are being added.
SUNDAY MORNING SERVICE
LIVE AT 9:30AM:
March 17th, Update:
All ministries throughout the week at Denver Calvary are postponed for now. This includes Wednesday night service, Men’s & Women’s ministry, and other small groups that meet through-out the week. Reach out to the church leadership or your ministry leader if you have any questions.
-Sunday Service Live stream will take place March 22nd, 29th & April 5th.
-April 4th Denver Rescue Mission service is still happening for those brave, healthy individuals under age 60.
-Check on each other; call, text or email people in our church. Pray for each other. Offer to pick up grocery items and drop them off. Even though we aren't gathering collectively, this is a great opportunity to continue ministry by loving each other and meeting needs.
March 14th, 2020 Update:
In light of recent events and the epidemic of COVID-19 we see taking place, how are we then to live? It’s an important question we ask and we consider. Here at Denver Calvary we desire to have right perspective that is Biblical, practical, personal and that has others in mind. Here is some information how we are approaching the situation.
Pastor Chuck Smith taught us this simple truth, “Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be broken.” It’s true. If there were ever times that required flexibility it’s now.
“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.” John 14:27 (NLT)
The spread of the corona virus has caused major disruptions, changes, and as one media outlet called it, “forced new realities”. It’s also stirred up new fears, anxieties, and even widespread panic. But one thing has not changed, the sovereignty of God. He is still on the throne. This is the time, this is the year, to arise as a Church scattered to help those in need. We may temporarily not be able to meet as the “Church gathered”, but we are the Church exactly where the Lord wants us! We as a team have been monitoring the latest information concerning the pandemic. This past Friday our Governor in Colorado has sent out a new directive ordering limitations on gatherings of more than 250 people. Many schools, churches and other institutions have canceled all public gathering due to the Corona Virus Epidemic. Denver Public Schools has currently closed all their schools starting March 16th until April 6th. Because of this our Sunday services for Sunday March 22nd, March 29th, and April 5th will be ONLINE ONLY. This will be a modified service with Pastor Louie brining God’s Word to our congregation online. Donations for Denver Calvary can still be given online via our website as the Lord leads you.
We need to hear and receive God’s Word more than ever before. It’s through His Word we receive strength, comfort, and steady encouragement. God is bigger than the corona virus. We praise God for technology. This is an opportune time to connect the gospel with people in your life. Post our online service on your social media outlets and let’s join together as the family of God and be a resource of hope in our local communities.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:6–7 (NKJV) “
Our goal is always to protect the safety, health and wellness of our students, staff and church families. Amid the uncertainty and fear that this pandemic brings, our strength as a community is our greatest asset. We can work together to protect each other and slow the progression of COVID-19. We thank you for your support and partnership in this effort.
- With such information changing day by day we desire every at Denver Calvary to reamin connected. This will be communicated through our announcements, website and social media. Get connected through our website at denvercalvary.org, facebook.com, & Instagram accounts.
- As believers in Christ we must be ready to offer hope, truth and comfort to the lost rather than fear, panic and worry. We are called to live by faith and not sight. 2 Cor. 5:7 • We must be practical, prayerful and prepared
- Hill Middle School is now undergoing deep cleaning and disinfecting it’s building regularly. This is an added cost the church is also paying for weekly.
- On top of this our ministry team is also going through before each service and cleaning all surfaces. We are using disinfectant wipes and sprays on the doors, handle, seats, armrest and anything else we may touch. We will need help to accomplish this weekly. Sign up at the info area.
- Wash your hand before & after church. Personal hygiene is our main defense from sickness and or infection. We are also looking to have hand sanitizer available for use.
- If you or your children feel ill or show any signs of sickness, take time to rest at home and resist the urge to come to church. We’ve been blessed with a team who have set up our online church service and is able to be watched every Sunday at 9:30am at denvercalvary.org, facebook.com & youtube.com.
For more information on this issue please reach out to us here at Denver Calvary.
firstname.lastname@example.org, (720) 443-1027